Pep Band Opportunity at Bradley University over the Thanksgiving Break if you'd like. E-mail me if interested.
Friendly Reminder: We have our yearbook photo on Wednesday. Bring your uniform and instrument for a picture during class. Don't forget proper socks/shoes.
If you're interested in Auggie Honor Band (See attachment) - fill out the Google Form. They take folks based off of your musical resume. Most UT folks qualify - but there's no magic metric to get in. You'd be commuting from here - so don't worry so much about page 2 and the housing fees.
Link to form below.
1.) No band parent meeting tonight. Cancelling due to some things I must take care of. We'll pick up in December. If you have any questions you wish to have met personally on, please shoot me an e-mail and I can schedule something with you.
2.) Jazz Band - there's two new tunes ("Four" and "Impressions") that came in today. I've made copies and they're ready for pickup in the band room.
3.) Jazz Band - Signup for the Remind so Mr. Lyle can tell you what to prepare/update you for jazz things! Text the number 81010 the following text... "uthsjazz" (no quotes)
ILMEA Reminders from our district president....
Just some reminders for the upcoming festivals:
1. Make sure the students have everything they need to be successful. Stand, Music, Instrument, Reeds, Sticks, Mutes, Dress Clothes/Robes for Concerts and a Great Attitude.
2. Make sure you have everything you need for the festivals. If you have questions or feel like you are missing something please feel free to contact your division representatives or myself.
3. THERE IS NO DINNER OFFERED FOR NOV. 10 AT AUGUSTANA.
4. Make sure students are early, so that they can find where they need to go and have a successful day.
Thanks and looking forward to great festivals the next two Saturdays!
Happy Concert week everyone. See below for information…
Mark Times for Thursday is posted one article before this post. See that for call times and reminders for Thursday’s concert.
Information for Tuba Christmas (Sponsored by Griggs) is below…
Jazz Band Results are in… Rehearsals will start Monday, November 5th. I have two tunes ready for you in the band room.
On Friday, November 2nd - the QCSO will have staff on hand to help us out again.
Mr. Onstad - Trumpet
Mr. Won - Clarinet
Mr. Parker - Trombone
Mr. Kowalczyk - Bassoon
Come ready with questions on specifics you can work on! As always, be professional and thank them for their time!
St. Louis Paperwork
Hello all. I'll print some tangible copies of this off but we'll need this "Permission to Travel" and "Medical Consent" form for the trip to St. Louis this coming summer filled out. Let's see if we can get 100% done before winter break.
There's also some information on chaperone responsibilities and tour guidelines.
St. Louis Trip - Ground Packages (Money back in your pocket!)
6 folks indicated they were interested in ground packages for the St. Louis trip (meaning you'd transport yourselves - but would have a discount because you wouldn't be using the bus transportation)
Please fill out this form only if you know you were doing that option (or are interested now in it) - and that way Brenda can credit your accounts online! Thanks!
All winds have been assigned to a pep band. We play at all HOME, WESTERN BIG SIX, VARSITY Men's and Women's games.
You wear school colors OR whatever the theme is that night. But, you won't be sent home if you forget or anything. Just make sure you're there.
There are THREE bands to cover these games. Orange band has 4 games. Black and white bands have 3 games. White band has ONE game over winter break.
Subs: If you cannot make it to a pep band game, that's okay - but you NEED TO FIND SOMEONE TO COVER YOUR PART. If you know NOW of an event later, find a sub NOW! (Pep band begins in mid-November) - so you've been given lots of heads up.
The tangible sign up in the band room can be used to fill out the bottom right hand portion for anyone that wants to cover drum set (need to be able to play 4/4 rock grooves with fills as appropriate) - having 2 drummers per game is very important.
Low brass - you may use trombones if you wish. Tubas, we'll use Sousaphones for these games.
Mrs. Minard and I both run these games and can sub for one another. Mr. Greer has been known to fill in in a pinch as well.
Other ?'s can be e-mailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good morning Band families,
This message is to inform you of the procedures for uniform care and handling for Band performances.
Tuxes and Dresses are currently being delivered and given to the students. These uniforms are to be worn for EVERY band performance unless otherwise designated.
1. Keep the uniform AT HOME. Students are expected to arrive to the performance already in uniform, so get dressed with uniform, black socks, black dress shoes before you arrive. In some cases, if the uniform has not been paid in full, it may need to be kept in the Band office.
2. Keep the uniform clean and pressed.
Tuxes: if you need cleaning, that is at the student’s expense and should be dry cleaned.
Dresses: if you need cleaning, these are machine washable, however, we recommend hanging dry, as this will allow for less wrinkling. If pressing is needed, use a pressing cloth/towel between the dress fabric and the hot plate iron. Do NOT iron beading.
3. All dresses and tux pants arrive without a hem.
PURCHASED uniforms: if you have purchased to own your uniform, you may consider cutting some fabric as you hem. Keep in mind, you should leave 3-6 inches of fabric to allow for growth. You should only hand-stitch the hem in order to let it out as you grow.
RENTED uniforms: Do NOT cut any fabric off of the bottom, but only hand-stitch a temporary hem. You are expected to have pants/dress hand-stitched at the hem. This is a formal wear outfit and needs to look fitted to your body.
4. If carrying your uniform to an event such as a Chicagoland Band Festival or Yearbook Picture Day, you MUST contain the uniform in a garment bag – such as a dry cleaning bag, garbage bag covering hanger, or long term zippered bag. You also MUST LABEL the bag/items with your name. The school is not responsible for lost items. Consider taping your initials into the inside of the collar or pinning a unique ribbon to the collar to distinguish your uniform from others.
5. If you should grow considerably before the end of the school year, please contact the Band Office. We will likely be able to accommodate changes. If items were purchased, there will be a cost to you. If rented, we should be able to make an even exchange.
If any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Minard or Mr. W.
Marching Panthers - see below for uniform cleaning.
We need your uniform CLEANED and brought back to UT. Our bibbers will be sent out for repair, but we need to protect the investment our school just made to us.
Make us look great for years to come - WASH YOUR UNIFORM!
This is only if you signed up for it. It’s not too late to grab audition music if you’re interested!
Friendly reminder: Jazz auditions w/ Mr. Lyle tomorrow. They'll start at 3:30 so you'll have a few minutes to warmup before you go in.
Remember: Those who ordered tuxedos, please pick them up after school TODAY! Look out for a letter from Mrs. Minard about tux care!
We were informed late this week that due to circumstances outside of ILMEA’s control, the schedule is changing and therefore there will be no dinner offering due to the shortened schedule.
If you paid meal money, I will be returning your check to your student, which you may feel free to void. We’ll need a new one just in the amount for the lunch ($6.50) if you’re still interested.
My apologies and please understand that this is out of my control.