Big Post - Please read...
Sorry for the long post... but here's some information for you all...
- Jazz Band Sign Ups are on the board in the band room. Sign up! ALL are welcome! E-mail Metro Lyle <firstname.lastname@example.org> with questions. Rehearsals will be before or after school.
- Marching Band students were given RAFFLE TICKETS on Wednesday. These are CRITICAL to sell. Our booster club pays THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of dollars on behalf of our organization every year, and just shelled out $10,000 for our new uniforms. (This year alone, they've already spent $16,000 on us) - if we don't do the ONE AND ONLY THING they ask us to do (Sell one $50 raffle ticket), that support may not be there for future generations. Please consider purchasing one. It's a $10,000 prize if you win... and if you sell the winning ticket there's a prize too!
- Parent Meeting at 6:30pm in the band room - August 21st (Tuesday) - these are USUALLY the first Tuesday of the month.
- The Silvis Moonlight Parade is NEXT Saturday (Aug 25) - just planting that seed. Mark Times coming soon.
- Our St. Louis Trip Itinerary is available here (Part 1 --- Part 2) - a deposit of $12.05 is due this coming Monday if you're interested. The trip will only happen if we have 1.) The right amount of people going and 2.) Balanced instrumentation for a concert-type event.
- ILMEA (Illinois Music Education Association) All-District and All-State Auditions will happen in October at Geneseo HS. Our audition materials are on the website, and if you're interested (AND COMMITTED) to auditioning, please sign up. Keep in mind - our district pays the entry fee! It's FREE TO AUDITION for you. So, you might as well try! Our symphonic band audition packet IS the ILMEA audition packet for winds. So you've already got a leg up.
- CLARINET AND SAXOPHONE PLAYERS - Thursday, Sept 6th after school. 3:30-5:00pm, clarinet clinic. 5-6:30pm saxophone clinic - in the band room!
Marching Band folks - stay tuned for information on Panther Preview (as I type this, I don't know if it's still happening or not).