Your friendly neighborhood band director with some more announcements....
- We have a marching camp this Saturday, 10am-1pm. Free. If you intend on being in marching band this year, it is expected you be there as this is our last camp of the school year before summer rehearsals. Bring an instrument or sticks, water, and any music you've been given if you came to previous camps. See you there!
- Our band awards are quickly coming up. If you haven't filled out the form for your rewards materials, please do so by this weekend. So far, out of ~150 students, ~100 have submitted their forms.
- Speaking of awards night - we're asking that folks bring $5 for pizza/beverages and for some folks to bring a dessert dish for the food portion of the evening. This can be turned into the band office.
- Marching Band Leadership... Monday, June 6th we'll be having a work day in the band room from about 10am-1pm. Mr. W will provide pizza for your services. More to come.
- Also, marching band leadership folks - I'm asking you bring in $22.50 (cash or check) for a leadership seminar that we're teaming up with Geneseo on. Todd DuFault has been to UTHS in the past and is an amazing educator. He'll be able to give you the tools needed to help with team building, problem-solving, and continuing to build on our already positive community.
- Jazz band will meet on Wednesday the 10th immediately following school. This change in time is due to Senior Awards night. We'll be rehearsing "Sentimental Mood"
- Thursday, May 11th I'll need three-four volunteers to help man the booth at our Activity Night. 5pm-6pm.
- On Monday, May 15th Blackhawk Orchestra will be having a concert in our auditorium. I believe it kicks off at 7pm or so. Come on down and listen to some UT students perform in this group.
- Wednesday, May 17th will be our final jazz band rehearsal of the year. We'll be running everything for the concert.
- Thursday, May 18th is our concert. It's free and will begin at 7pm.
- Friday, May 19th is our awards banquet in the auditorium.
- Saturday, June 3rd will be commencement brass at iWireless for graduation! More information on that to come.