Concert Week - Announcements
Just some friendly announcements...
- Jazz Band Rehearsal Wednesday, May 17th after school.
- Spring Concert (Jazz/Concert/Symphonic) is Thursday, May 18th. Report time is 6:30pm. There will be a senior recognition with parents between concert and symphonic band. The concert will begin at 7:00pm.
- Band Banquet is Friday, May 19th. We'll begin dinner at 6:30pm. Awards will start around 7:15pm. If you intend on eating, please have your student bring $5/cash in an envelope to Mr. W by the end of the day Thursday. This way we can pay Fields of Pizza in advance.
- Monday, May 22nd Lynne Stukart will give a master class to all of our flute players in both bands.
- Wednesday, May 24th - Lojo Russo, singer and song writer, will be giving a presentation to both bands.
- May 26th is the senior's last day.
- Monday, May 29th there is no school - Memorial Day.
- May 30, 31, and June 1st are finals.
- Saturday, June 3rd - Graduation Brass at iWireless. (We'll rehearse for this during the school day after the concert) - more info TBA.
- Monday, June 5th is a Marching Band Leadership work day. 10am-1pm. Pizza provided.
- Tuesday, June 6th is a MANDATORY MARCHING BAND PARENT/STUDENT MEETING. 6:30pm, UTHS Auditorium. If you do not attend this meeting, you are not in marching band.
- Wednesday, June 7th is a MANDATORY MARCHING BAND rehearsal. 6pm-8pm. The rest of our Wednesday nights are highly encouraged but not required. The first one, however, IS required.
That's it for now. Have a good day!