UT Band Announcements
Just a few announcements moving forward into the 4th quarter!
- Our bands did very well at the Chicagoland Band Festival. Concert Band earned a “I” (Superior) and Symphonic Band earned a “II” (Excellent) – the bands were adjudicated and cliniced by some of the top judges in the nation. This was truly scoring on a “National” level and I couldn’t be prouder of the groups involved. Check the website soon for a news posting with the score sheets and judge’s tapes, for your perusal.
- If your student missed the performance, they will be given an alternative assignment to make up the missing points.
- Due to low interest/deposit money for our Disney Trip, we will be cancelling it. If you have paid, I have not yet deposited. I have those checks on hand, and can either give them back to you or destroy them. Let me know if you have a preference. Obviously cash will be given back.
- Tomorrow (Wednesday, April 11) we will have the following after school…
- Pit Rehearsal – 3:30pm-5:30pm
- Jazz Band Rehearsal – 5:45pm-6:45pm.
- Tri-M Initiation – 7:00pm
- Here are some dates to keep in mind as we move forward…
- April 15th – Saturday – 10am-1pm – Marching Camp at UTHS. (Free, and not required but encouraged for marching band folks)
- April 18th – Tuesday – 6:30pm-8:30pm – Colorguard Rehearsal
- April 25th – Tuesday – 6:30pm-8:30pm – Colorguard Rehearsal
- April 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 (Wed/Sun) – Various times – Musical Production of “Little Women”
- April 29 – Saturday – Booster Bash (For those that sold raffle tickets, that’s the drawing! Information on your ticket stub)
- May 2nd – Tuesday – 6:30pm-8:30pm – Colorguard Rehearsal
- Also at 6:30pm is our band parent meeting.
- May 6th – Saturday – 10am-1pm – Marching Camp
- May 9th – Tuesday – 6:30pm-8:30pm – Colorguard Rehearsal
- May 10th – Wednesday – Senior Awards Night
- May 18th – Thursday – 7pm – Spring Band Concert
- May 19th – Friday – time TBA – Band Awards Night
- May 25th – After School – Senior Graduation Practice
- June 3rd – Graduation – Saturday at 6pm.
Audition materials will be available shortly to prepare for next year. Those will be sent digitally as soon as able.
As always, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have.