St. Ambrose Honor Band
Below is an e-mail from Dr. Enz from St. Ambrose. if for some reason you didn't get it.
I hope this email finds you well. Just a few items to pass along before the St. Ambrose Honor Band this Saturday, March 11. Your students and their parents received a similar email to this one if you provided their information.
WHAT TO BRING
- Music - Please make sure that your students print and bring all of the music we emailed (a total of four pieces). Make sure all of the parts are well-practiced. The success of the honor band depends on preparation prior to arriving on campus!
- Trumpet & Trombone players should bring necessary mutes.
- Percussion students need to bring sticks and mallets.
- Money for dinner - While lunch is provided, dinner is on your own. I’ll provide you with restaurant suggestions at the honor band.
- Concert Dress - All festival participants are to wear their school concert band uniform/attire for the evening concert.
REGISTRATION & ARRIVAL
- Registration begins at 8:00am in the Galvin Lobby, and rehearsal starts at 8:30am.
- The Galvin Fine Arts Center is located at the corner of Gaines and High Streets in Davenport on the St. Ambrose Campus. Here is a clickable google map: https://goo.gl/maps/nKyfz
- Parking - You may park anywhere in a campus parking lot.
- All registration fees ($25 per student) need to be paid prior to the start of the festival in order for students to participate. Please make checks payable to "St. Ambrose University Bands." Let me know if you need an invoice or receipt and I will prepare one for you.
- Cancellations happen. Please notify me of any cancellations as soon as possible so we can modify the seating charts.
SCHEDULE AND OTHER INFORMATION
- The Honor Band Festival schedule is attached to this email.
- The Director's Lounge will be located in the Galvin Fine Arts Center building and will have a variety of drinks and pastries. The location of the lounge area will be included in the director’s packet. Many thanks to Cathi Dorr & Leif Rehnberg at West Music for their support for providing the food!
- Meals - Lunch is being provided for students, however, dinner is on your own. I’ll provide you with restaurant suggestions at the honor band.
- The festival concert will be held in Allaert Auditorium at 7:00pm on Saturday, March 11. Admission for the concert is $5.00 for adults and $2.00 for children under age 18. Admission for directors to the concert is free.
If you need anything during the day, feel free to ask me or Terri Flynn (our Administrative Assistant) for help and we will be able to assist you. I'm looking forward to working with all of you! I know it is going to an exciting day full of music making! A similar email is being sent to your students and their parents if you provided this information during the nomination process. If you did not, please forward this information on to them.