E-Mail Repost Sent Via SkyWard
Hello Band Parents,
Just a friendly message from your friendly neighborhood band director. Because of today falling in our winter break, we’ve decided to cancel our Monthly Band Parents meeting this month. But below are a few bullet points to still discuss…
- Please contact Mrs. Bumann if you’re willing to work the basketball concession stand. It’s a fun way to meet fellow parents, work for your band program, and the school as a whole. Her e-mail is email@example.com. Thank you.
- Also from Mrs. Bumann, if you’re a MARCHING BAND student with your uniform out, please clean per the provided instructions to your students and return so we can inventory our materials.
- Symphonic Band students will start to have their Monday evening rehearsals to prepare for our Superstate Audition tape. They’re scheduled from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Our first evening rehearsal will begin on Monday, January 9th.
- There will be a jazz band interest meeting on Wednesday, January 11th. Students should meet in the band room after school for a quick pow-wow. I’m happy to write passes for sports folks. Rehearsals will be later in the evenings to facilitate folks who participate in sports, this meeting is just to gauge interest. It will be an auditioned group, with alternates, to facilitate a once a week group meeting. (It won’t be a class or for credit – this is simply for exposure to the jazz medium as a club)
- Saturday, January 14th from 10am-1pm we’ll have a MARCHING BAND clinic for our current and future marching band members. It’s not required, but highly suggested. We’ll be inviting our 8th grade feeder programs to come out as well. There will be one camp per month as we move forward. Please dress in athletic clothing as we’ll be doing some marching inside.
- Colorguard camp is from the 10th-13th and then again from the 17th-20th. They’ll occur from 6:30pm-8:00pm. They’re free and simply a way to be introduced to the activity. Colorguard auditions will happen on January 20th, the last day of the camp.
- On January 15th and 16th is Augustana Honor Band. Information for those students who were accepted has been distributed to them.
- Drum major trainings will happen on Monday the 23rd and Tuesday the 24th. If you’re interested in audition for drum major, then you must talk to Mr. Greer and be at these trainings. Auditions themselves will occur on the 25th.
- Leadership positions for the other marching band staff slots will be the following week, January 30th through the 2nd. Those interviews will be scheduled per student.
- Our musical will be coming up on us this semester. More information will follow soon, but be aware that our process for auditioning/picking the students who will be participating in the pit orchestra will occur early in February.
That’s it for now. Have a good day and thank you in advance for all that you do!